Our product NonLin-S allows you to perform calibrated complex nonlinear measurements with your VNA. It supports:
- IM measurements,
- Mixer measurements,
- Harmonic measurements (e.g. for power amplifier, frequency doublers),
- Sampling oscilloscope measurements,
- Spectrum analyzer measurements.
Non-linear S-parameter measurements are useful values for modelling, IM-source finding, and analyzing RF circuits. NonLin-S, allows non-linear multi-port S-parameter to be measured for the first time, using a novel calibration procedure Without Thru or LMR. Without Thru uses only one-port calibration standards (short, open, match, a comb generator, and a power sensor) at each port. NonLin-S allows the measurement of non-reciprocal transfer functions without a reciprocal calibration standard.
The necessary architecture of a modified network analyzer to measure multi-port and non-linear S-parameter is quite simple.
Measurement results exemplify the high quality of the novel calibration procedure, for non-linear measurements, under real-life conditions (Fig. 2).
Results of the oscillator modus helps to verify the measurement accuracy of the system. The difference between a simple oscilloscope and a calibrated time-domain measurement with a VNA and NonLin-S is shown in the following figure:
This simple measurement system consists of a multi-port-VNA (ZVA or ZVM from Rohde and Schwarz) a software, a laptop to control and process one coaxial calibration kit, a power head, and a comb-generator.
NA-NL1 features in detail:
- First non-linear multi-port S-parameter test system for vectorial measurements.
- Special software for harmonics, mixer, and intermodulation measurements (supports three IM-test configurations).
- Support error-corrected sampling oscilloskope and spectrum measurements.
- The non-linear calibration procedures LMR for all multi-port VNAs and Without Thru for R&S-VNAs.
- Allows the measurement of non-linear effects in an accurate and complex manner.
- Phase values help to find the location of non-linear effect supported by a special software.
- VNA phase information gives perfect time domain results for a very good modelling.
- Supports frequency-, power- and time-sweep measurements
- Fast and easy installation with pre-installed laptop or on your network analyzer.
The use of your own multi-port VNA (ZVA or ZVM from Rohde and Schwarz), calibration kit, and power head helps to reduce the price of entering into the non-linear world.
We offer a system composed of
- Software with dongle and operation manual (necessary),
- Laptop with National-GPIB-bus-card (software installed) or LAN-connection,
- Coaxial calibration kit (N or 3.5mm) from Rosenberger,
- VNA from Rohde and Schwarz,
- Power sensor from Rohde and Schwarz,
- Calibrated 4 GHz or 10 GHz comb-generator (necessary),
More information (operating manual, price, etc.) are available from Info@HHFT.de.