PIM-Tester: Vector-PIM NA-PIM1
Our product Vector-PIM allows you to perform calibrated complex PIM measurements. This instrument supports:
- Accurate PIM measurements,
- Localisation of IM-obstacles
- Exact modelling of IM-defects,
- Frequency, time and power sweeps,
The Heuermann HF-Technik GmbH and Rosenberger Hochfrequenztechnik introduced the first full vector PIM-tester. Vector-PIM allows accurate PIM-measurements including the detection of the distance to an IM-obstacle. This instrument provides for the first time the foundation to measure the complex transfer functions of different IM-sources. This information helps to identify IM-sources and to reduce the IM-defects.
The high accuracy is achieved with the novel VNA-calibration procedure Without Thru. Without Thru uses only one-port calibration standards (short, open, match, a comb generator, and a power sensor) at each port.
The software manages this calibration, the error correction, and supports various PIM-tests as well as different frequency, power and time sweeps.
More details to the product are to find in NonLin-IM NA-IM1, what controls the test-set.
Vector-PIM features in detail:
- First non-linear multi-port S-parameter test system for vectorial measurements.
- Supports all test-sets from Rosenberger Hochfrequenztechnik.
- Special software supports three IM-test configurations.
- The non-linear calibration procedures LMR for all multi-port VNAs and Without Thru for R&S-VNAs.
- Allows the measurement of non-linear effects in an accurate and complex manner.
- Phase values help to find the location of non-linear effect supported by a special software.
- VNA phase information gives perfect time domain results for a very good modelling.
- Supports frequency-, power- and time-sweep measurements
- Fast and easy installation with pre-installed laptop or on your network analyzer.
The measurement performance
- is based on a small PIM-magnitude-error of approximately 0.1-0.2 dB (scalar measurements have errors of 2 dB and more).
- for the PIM-phase is based on a small error of typically 1%.
- depends from the test-set (selectivity of filters) regarding the measurement time.
- is depending from the measurement time (typically 3-10 seconds for one measurement sweep).
- allows to find PIM-obstacles with a solution of 1-2cm (depends on bandwith of the test-set).
- is based on a VNA which allows to support a typical dynamic of 157dBc.
- allows the model the PIM-obstacles and to characterize the obstables in the different physical phenomenons.
We offer a system composed of
- Rosenberger test-set (necessary),
- Software with dongle and operation manual (necessary),
- Laptop with LAN-connection to VNA (software installed),
- ZVA-VNA from Rohde and Schwarz (we use also your ZVA or ZVM),
- Coaxial calibration kit (7/16) from Rosenberger,
- Power sensor from Rohde and Schwarz,
- Calibrated comb-generator (necessary),
- Industry rack with integrated comb-generator and power sensor.
Phase reference generators are for the following frequency ranges available:
- SG 0615: 600 MHz – 1500 MHz,
- SG 1024: 1000 MHz – 2400 MHz,
- SG 1327: 1300 MHz – 2700 MHz,
- SG 2633: 2550 MHz – 3250 MHz,
- SG 3135: 3090 MHz – 3500 MHz,
- SG 3542: 3500 MHz – 4200 MHz.
More details are explained in the operation manual: NonLin-IM operation manual
More information are available from Info@HHFT.de.