PIM Measurements: Vector-PIM NA-PIM2
Our improved product Vector-PIM generation NA-PIM2 (second generation) allows you to perform calibrated complex PIM measurements based on our mixed-frequency VNA-modules and the newest Rosenberger test-sets from 275 MHz up to 6000 MHz. This vector PIM tester is the leading solution for
- National metrology institutes
- Companies with metrology departments
- Universities and research institutes
This instrument supports:
- Very accurate and sensitive vector PIM measurements,
- Localisation of IM-obstacles,
- Exact modelling of IM-defects,
- Frequency, time and power sweeps,
The Heuermann HF-Technik GmbH and Rosenberger Hochfrequenztechnik introduced the second full vector PIM-tester generation. Vector-PIM allows accurate PIM-measurements including the detection of the distance to an IM-obstacle. This instrument provides for the first time the foundation to measure the complex transfer functions of different IM-sources. This information helps to identify IM-sources and to reduce the IM-defects.
The high accuracy is achieved with the novel VNA-calibration procedure Without Thru. Without Thru uses only one-port calibration standards (short, open, match, a comb generator, and a power sensor) at each port.
The software manages this calibration, the error correction, and supports various PIM-tests as well as different frequency, power and time sweeps.
More details to the product are to find in NonLin-IM NA-IM2, what controls the test-set.
This Vector-PIM-Tester features in detail:
- First non-linear multi-port S-parameter test system for vectorial measurements.
- Supports all test-sets from Rosenberger Hochfrequenztechnik.
- Special software supports three IM-test configurations.
- The non-linear calibration procedure Without Thru for mixed-frequency modules from HHF.
- Allows the measurement of non-linear effects in an accurate and complex manner.
- Phase values help to find the location of non-linear effect supported by a special software.
- VNA phase information gives perfect time domain results for a very good modelling.
- Supports frequency-, power- and time-sweep measurements
The measurement performance
- is supported by a complex temperature management, allowing a very high reproducibility. Most of the HHF electronic and the electronic from Rosenberger is in the same housing.
- is based on a small PIM-magnitude-error of approximately 0.1-0.2 dB (scalar measurements have errors of 2 dB and more).
- for the PIM-phase is based on a small error of typically 1%.
- depends from the test-set (selectivity of filters) regarding the measurement time.
- is depending from the measurement time (typically 1-5 seconds for one measurement sweep).
- allows to find PIM-obstacles with a solution of 1-2cm (depends on bandwith of the test-set).
- is based on a VNA which allows to support a typical dynamic of 180dBc.
- allows the model the PIM-obstacles and to characterize the obstables in the different physical phenomenons.
We offer a system composed of
- Rosenberger test-set (necessary),
- Software with dongle and operation manual (necessary),
- Laptop with LAN-connection to VNA (software installed),
- One RX- and 2 TX-modules from HHF (VNA-Modules – HHFT),
- Coaxial calibration kit (7/16) from Rosenberger,
- Power sensor from Rohde and Schwarz,
- Calibrated comb-generator (necessary),
- Industry rack with integrated comb-generator and power sensor.
Phase reference generator are for the following frequency ranges available
More details are explained in the operation manual of the first generation: NonLin-IM operation manual
More information are available from Info@HHFT.de.