Couplers for Plasma Generation in a Chamber
The very compact Chamber Coupler CC400 as well as the high power Chamber Coupler CC1000 are well suited to couple microwave energy within the Industrial, Scientific and Medical frequency band (ISM band) at 2.45 GHz into a chamber to ignite and sustain a plasma (Fig. 1). For this purpose, the chamber merely requires a dielectric window.
The size of the resulting plasma is
- directly proportional to the microwave power applied,
- directly proportional to the number of chamber couplers used,
- inversely proportional to the pressure in the chamber,
- inversely proportional to the loss factor of the dielectric window,
- and a function of the implied gas (inert gases are the most common).
The Chamber Coupler CC400 as well as the new CC1000 (up to 1000 W) are designed for the PlasMaster PCU generator series, which continuously monitor the energy coupling in to the chamber and regulate the operating frequency accordingly, ensuring reproducible experiments under optimal operating conditions.
Apart from cleaning, decontamination and surface activation in chambers, the Chamber Coupler CC400 is well suited to drive lighting applications such as tubes or bulbs as well as other setups in a full dielectric housing or chamber.
- Complete specifications and description: Data Chamber Coupler CC400
More information (additional probes, costumer defined solutions, price, etc.) are available from Info@HHFT.de.
Please find in the enclosed application note examples of the efficiency of the chamber coupler as well as plasma jets from HHF: Plasma_AppNote